Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Something Beautiful

I was pondering on these particular verses and this song came to mind. our God is a God who saves. And like the hymn, because our redeemer lives, we can rely on Him alone and trust that we shall not lack.
I fix my eyes on You Lord, rescue me and deliver me from my misery, heal me and make me whole again. I rely on You and my hope is in You. Make me all You want me to be and bring me anything that brings You glory.
  1. Romans 9:21
    Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?
    Romans 9:20-22 (in Context) Romans 9
  2. Romans 8:28[ More Than Conquerors ] And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.Romans 8:27-29 (in Context) Romans 8 (Whole Chapter)
  3. 2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.(James1:2-8)
Something Beautiful- Jars Of Clay

If you put your arms around me, could it change the way I feel.
I guess I let myself believe that the outside might just bleed it’s way in.
Maybe stir the sleeping past lying under glass.
Waiting for the kiss to break this awful spell.
Pull me out of this lonely hell.

Close my eyes and hold my heart.
Cover me and make me something.
Change this something normal into something beautiful.

What I get from my reflection isn't what I thought I’d see.
Give me reason to believe you’d never leave me incomplete.
Will you untie this loss of mine, it so easily defines me.
Do you see it on my face.
That all I can think about is how long I’ve been waiting to feel you move me.

Close my eyes and hold my heart.
Cover me and make me something.
Change this something normal into something beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment