Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost.

6 comments:

  1. I love this poem.. By Robert Frost
    It has so much meaning,and.. wow. makes so much sense. I f only I could write with such depth.. I suppose it comes through hardship and experience... wow.it really has become my inspiration. my stand. to take the other road. the one that other ppl won't choose. Not in the negative sense but rather in the path to become extraordinary, and to leave such an impact on the world, that even if I were to be forgotten, my impact would forever be etched in the hearts and minds of the generations to come..Sometimes, I envy the politicians, they have a great opportunity to ACTUALLY affect change, but sadly,most of them are in it for their own selfishness.. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean all of them.. just the vast majority.. that's all.
    (quoted by Janelle Foo)

    u took my idea man. nvm i forgive u. haha. anyway i put Janelle's take on the poem plainly cos i couldn't have said it better. I dare u to dream. Today we have today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. since u haven been posting ma. and this blog needs encouragement. Sry. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lame la i think every1 know tis poem la..u dun need put on tis blog la..gosh!!! create ur own poem and post it la..

    ReplyDelete
  4. but becka, i don't think you fully grasps the meaning of the poem, and fit it into our situation. and does it offend you if we post something we felt is meaningful in OUR blog? =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol... don't be offended Becka. It's better to post a poem to express our feelings rather than writing emo but irrational stuff. These guys need to release tension... ok, Jez, lend me ur literature synopsis, i gotta relearn the poem...

    ReplyDelete