Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Personal Experience With One Canopy

I'm gonna share about my own experience with OC. It may not be much but the fact that its not much is good because God took me out of the pit before i fell deeper. I hope the little that I share here will be of help and to paint a clearer picture for you all, especially those who still think the OC is a bunch of harmless people who pose no threat to our church. Lately, i feel concerned about those of our youths who frequent OC and what they are being fed there; though some may not share my concerns.

Though officially the OC is no longer welcome in FCC and you all don't see them anymore, the fact is they are still infiltrating(or trying to) our church via a group of members who still keep in contact with OC and attend their leadership training and bible studies on Saturdays and Sundays.

Back to my story. Remember the "special" service or "prophetic act" the OC did in FCC last Sept? Yes, it was one heck of a service and I don't need to remind you all how bad it was.Plus,we were literally starving coz the service ended super late, around 2pm! Anyway after the service, Ps Erwin approached me and Brian Ong and told us to stay back because Joyce(from OC) wanted to talk to us.

So there we were, Ps Erwin, Joyce, Brian and myself.Before she began, she made us vow solemnly not to disclose any part of the following things she was about to share with me and Brian.But i'm gonna do so anyway now.

Joyce started by telling us that during the service, she saw Jesus and He pointed me and Brian(and a 3rd person whom she could not get a hold of) out and said that He loves us very, very much, especially much. Then she told Him that it wasn't enough and that she wanted Him to love us even more still. She warned us again not to tell anyone else coz ppl might feel "offended".

She then asked me to go back and read and focus on the book of 1John coz she claimed God will reveal some revelation to me that same week(which never happened). After that, she asked me if I would allow OC to love me as one of their own.Being naive then, i simply agreed. She was saying the benefits of being one of them.For instance, they will pray for me 24/7 and if i was in a potentially dangerous situation, my image will flash on their minds and they will start praying for me. They asked me to be like a "little brother" to them. In retrospect, I'm glad I never followed up on them and vice versa; so there was no real "bond" with them, praise Jesus!

Now after sharing with me those stuff, she excused me. Brian was asked to stay some more for his part, which she claimed is exclusively P&C. Anyways, after we both rediscovered the Truth of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, our freedom in Him, and the finality of the cross, and after we knew how deviant OC is, he shared with me his part and has allowed me to disclose it.

Joyce was sharing with Brian that the fate of FCC lay in his hands and that he was the only one who could restore FCC. She asked him to really seek the Lord for guidance.

Now, we've since come to realise that all these were nothing but fallacy and a snare just to lure innocent victims into their trap of submission and loyalty. From what i can percive, the OC uses this tactic all the time but to different people to "recruit" followers. Their trick is to make those they target feel "special" and "exclusive" in God's eyes compared to other Christians. Also, they use the promise of secrecy to bind their followers and keep their mouths shut. However, I've just come to know that Joyce herself told what she shared with Brian to another youth(s) in FCC. How ironic? One end she asks for secrecy and the other hand she discloses the info. Contradictory.

So here's my conclusion. If me and Brian could be exposed to such junk and lies even in a short time with them(less than a day), just think how much more those who are following their bible studies could be exposed to.

Friends, the sure and unmistakable mark of a cult is EXCLUSIVITY and SECRECY. Exclusivity as in the cult believes and teaches that only they are the "right" and "genuine" ones and the rest are corrupted and defiled. Secrecy as in they bind members to keep their mouths shut and even worse, track their members' every movement.

I fear the OC is trying to build friendships and repos with some of our youths. And i fear they might brainwash them and demand loyalty from them. I fear these youths might give in to them in the name of friendship; and because they want to "maintain friendships", they just compromise.You see, its easy to reject a cult from the onset but its HARD to severe ties with them once friendships are already built.

10 comments:

  1. That's scary >.<

    I also wanted to say that i like this blog :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i once told someone (i think Jason and uncle Jimmy) that i felt like walking into a dark place covered by heavy black curtains whenever i walked into the church, that was when the OC was lurking around, guess my instinct was correct.

    church is a place of love and hope. it should be full of sunshine, not a funeral parlour. nobody should be more high & mighty than anyone else.

    "flash on their mind" pak hei meh? (make movie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's scary!!! At least now i know the whole story... LOL, funny how we are called "Christian" manipulate like that, so sad. This make me think too, thanks Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,its great to hear from you. Do keep us in prayer, ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said, Jo. Yeah we'll never know whats going on there. Just gotta pray and commit to God, that's all we can do, for now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caleb, I'm glad you're starting to understand now, bro. The bible says to test every spirit.Anyways no weapon formed against us shall prosper and every tongue that rises against us, we shall CONDEMN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwahahaha!!!!!
    I like the way you told this Ben
    Way to go!!!
    The power of Death and Darkness that still dwells in the church and the hearts of people , In Jesus name be cast out!!!
    Anyone that does not preach about the Gospel of Christ , angel or demon or human , may the person be CURSED!!!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    Concentrate on how much He loves you , not how much we love Him.

    All the Glory and Power and Honour be unto Christ Jesus our Lord!!!!!

    (Was it too harsh?)

    (maybe,just MAYBE)

    ReplyDelete
  8. woaah..some pretty crazy stuff going on back home man...sheesh..

    one thing to remember, and i'm sure its what's happening..don't let the 'hoo! haa!' that's going on distract you guys from the Truth. ..I mean, now that you guys know it, keep going back to it. Keep reminding yourselves of His love for you, and that your sins are forgiven (and all that..)..

    yea, like Justin said, concentrate on how much He loves you!

    take care everyone!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like it...
    so dark and foreboding
    demonic and twisted...

    my favorite genre... horror
    i can see it now...

    "One Canopy - No One Can Hear You Scream In There"

    We can't hate these people tho... Jesus loves them too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe Justin was referring to Galatians 1:8 - 9...

    ReplyDelete