Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hi There!

As I enter the 20th year of my existance here on planet Earth, these are the things that crossed my mind :

  1. Time really flew, i still remember my childhood quite vividly. Believe it or not, I still remember bits and pieces of my 1st birthday party. I was crying and screaming(like most infants would) when my parents lighted up the candle on my birthday cake.

  2. We Subang FCC youth have come a long way from the days of tagging along and just following our parents to church. Many of us have since assumed various positions and roles in FCC, including forming our very own Subang Youth Cell Group, more fondly called Empty Cross Bearers. Boy, how far have we come, but yet there's still a long, exciting road ahead!

  3. Never in my entire Christian life, have I been more sure and certain about my salvation and my identity in Christ than now! The many events(some tragic and hurting) that unfolded last year in our church and in our lives served to bring me to the realization of my identity in Christ and the finality of the Cross. What the enemy meant for evil, God turned it around for good. Yes, I firmly believe FCC is headed for great and phenomenal things this year onwards. Starting with a new senior pastor, perhaps.Aha! God's been placing and emphasising this fact in my heart over and over again that He is moving in FCC, who can stop Him? Those who attempt will see their vain efforts go up in a huge plume of smoke! No human futility or foolishness or even blunder can interfere with God's plan, purpose and destiny for FCC! The huge potential of FCC, specifically the youth, has been confirmed many times over by many people, the latest and most impactful one being Pastor Geoffrey Yee. So yeah, I believe this church is headed for greater things ahead!

  4. I've never had a girlfriend before, ever. No, i'm not gay, its just that every attempt I made (not many attempts actually, because I don't go around falling in love with every girl I meet..haha) so far failed miserably. In retrospect, I think this is actually a blessing in disguise.Why? Because now I'm learning to trust God that He already has my future life partner in mind. Its just a matter of time before this unfolds. Then hopefully I can say to her, "You are my first." Anyways, this past few weeks have been a season of heartbreaks for many of us guys.Mere coincidence? Well, in all of this, we learnt to abide in Jesus and rest in Him, the ultimate source of love. Because in Jesus Christ, we have everything we need for life and godliness!

No comments:

Post a Comment