Friday, May 1, 2009

It's been awhile

It has been awhile now, since SubangLah was founded. And the trademark of this blog, of course, the SubangLah picture up there. Every time anyone visits this blog, he or she will surely see the picture of four emo guys up there. (from left to right, Benjamin Soo, Justin Kang, Daniel Soo, Jezreel Kang)

I can recall when the idea of making a blog first came out, this picture was set to be the "headline " or "title" for the blog. Maybe because most of us were really down and "emo" during that time, because of various reasons and circumstances that changed our attitude towards life.

Our catch phrase, "Owh, the last time I came here, I was still happy.."

It meant the previous time we did something, or been to somewhere, we were still happy. And everytime that phrase was used, it means that we manage to over-write the past experience, replacing it with new ones.

I wanna believe that life is still worth living for, although sometimes situations may fail you, again and again. We always have chances to redeem ourselves.

For the pass 4 months, living without someone that is important in my life isn't easy. Seriously. But there's this verse that brought me through it all...

Psalms 23

A Psalm of David
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

David, even before Christ came to die for us, believed in the grace of God. He could see that with the Lord by his side, he could win battles, he will have so much resources, so much that he have to give away. Even verse one explained it all..

I SHALL NOT BE IN WANT

It means that all is provided for us. We will not wanna ask for anything extra.

Furthermore, now that we have Christ, who died for us, so that we could be one with Him.

We just have to set our hearts on Jesus, and everything will find it's way. Any financial crisis will be solved, every sicknesses be cured, and every broken heart be healed.

For my case, I believe good love is on the way. There's someone out there waiting for me. I might see that the previous is so perfect, nothing can be better anymore, but hey! When God really holds your future, he will set one who will be the most suitable for me... ever! So good, that it will BLAST YOUR MIND.

Always believe that Jesus could, and Jesus would. And as the time goes by, let it pass with a clear mind, Jesus.

1 comment: