Sunday, October 18, 2009

It Is All Jesus!

How easy indeed it is, I realized, for us to be sidetracked by the busyness and demands of our everyday lives. Life seems so mundane sometimes, so monotonous. And if that isn't enough, life catches us by surprise with unexpected trials and twists and turns; hurts, a broken heart, a dampened spirit, a dreadful feeling of being alive, a depressed state of mind.

People hurt people. People feel hurt.People hurt other people back in return.PERIOD.Nothing more to add to that. This is a fact of life that we all can't evade so as long as we're still living on this planet. Our emotions are like a rollercoasters. The very moment you're feeling up, be prepared for a drop back to earth. This statement by pastor is so true. This begs the question: Do we let our emotions dictate how we are to live? Do our words, thoughts, and actions flow along with the rise and fall of our emotional state? Or... Do we live out our lives with a Peace that is free and independent of our emotions?

The Bible says, "as a man thinks, so he feels". I find this extremely true and paramount in my understanding of human nature. Do we let circumstances change us or do we change the circumstances? Are we a thermometer or a thermostat? The former is completely different from the latter.

Hurt is REAL. Pain is REAL. I know. Believe me, I do. But now I realize, Jesus IS MORE REAL! Jesus just floods our hearts with His love when we come to Him. And suddenly, you find the pain is gone, the hurt has vanished, and is replaced by His ever-abounding love, joy, and peace.

This weekend, God has refreshed my soul by speaking to me through the youth service message and this morning's Sunday preaching. I learnt that once we know our identity in Him and Who loves so much, we needn't worry bout' a thing no more. So what if we're misunderstood? So what if we're accused wrongly? The KING OF KINGS, the only one whose opinions about us really matter, thinks the BEST of us! All this seems so puny compared to the very fact that Jesus LOVES you for who you are. And boy, did He really show it without holding back! He gave us His everything on that Cross! WOW, suddenly all insecurity is gone! All concerns of life, all hurt, all sorrow, is replaced by His love, favor, and immense Joy! I learnt that Jesus is my reality and HE has blessed me with ALL blessings!

An excerpt of the song, The Stand clearly echoes the cry of my heart:

You stood before my failures,
And carried the Cross for my shame,
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders,
My soul now to stand.

So what could I say,
What could I do,
But to offer this heart Oh God,
Completely to You.

I pray you guys are blessed reading this just as I am blessed by the revelation of His love for us!
We need to be constantly reminded of His amazing, unfailing LOVE.

As Christ is, so are we in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment